Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Captown ladies 5 miles long, doodah, doodah!







 The neighbour’s trees have grown very large and block the view – no more sunsets.

‘Doo-dah, doo-dah’*: the ice cream van rolls around singing this as it has since my childhood.

* http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/c/cartoons/doodah.html

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/alyaj/zipadeedoodah.html
I remember this from my childhood. It came from the movie ‘Song of the South’ (1946). We saw this for 50c during the school holidays. Bless the people who went to that effort to bring us that movie and others like 'Bedknobs and Broomsticks', 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' and the first Muppet movie.

Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear and Brer Fox...Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah, Zip-A-Dee-A, 
My oh my, what a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Heeeyyyy, backyard! Long time no soccer. Good times, all left legs, but good times. :)

    Sorry about the sunsets. Time to build a tower with a deck that can be raised by some mechanism! Outpace the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the tower idea. A land lighthouse or Saruman's white tower or... I wonder if you need a permit to build above a certain height and what about the planes?

    ReplyDelete